Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Final Loaf


It was with much emotion and gratitude that I baked this morning, knowing that it was my last early morning at Holuakoa Cafe.  It has been such an amazing journey these past 3 1/2 years working here.  Today was my last Farmers' Market....so I had a table filled with treats and breads for all to partake in.  I just can't seem to ever make enough Morning Buns or Pain Au Chocolate though....they all sold out by 9 AM (and that's when we open) so I guess the saying "The early bird gets the worm" rings true!



For all of the people whom I have met through the years, a big MAHALO for continuing to support us and showing up week after week with an empty bag (and stomach) ready for filling.  

For fun, and just out of curiosity, I thought I would make a list of approximately how many cookies, scones and treats I have made over the years here at the Gardens.   Here it goes:

Scones: 13,104 (made at least 6 dozen a week)
Cookies: 38,000 (made about 18 dozen a week)
Cheesecakes: 728 (made 4 a week)
Chocolate Tortes: 546 (made 3 a week)
Baguettes: 5,824 (made 32 a week)
Rolls: 10,920 (made 5 dozen a week)

Not to mention Holidays, Weddings, Special Events.....etc.  No wonder my arms are always tired!  

On that note, a big thank you to everyone I have had the pleasure of working with.  I will miss you all so much but I  know that we will keep in touch and meet up again.  And now that I have this blog, it's as easy as getting online.  So, until next time.....Aloha and Happy Baking!



No comments:

Post a Comment